Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Avocado Cranberry Salad

Ok, so after all my talk about salad making at Burning Man, I better post a recipe! :-D

This recipe is a basic salad which I make most often at home:

Approx 3-4 handfuls spring greens herb mix
1/2 handful fresh basil leaves, rinsed and roughly torn (optional)
Approx 10 cherry tomato's, washed and chopped in halves
2 large avocado's, de-skinned and chopped into medium small pieces
1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
1/4 cup roasted almond slivers
1/4 cup dried (but semi moist) cranberries (Trader Joes or Moms)

Dressing:
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
half that amount of apple cider vinegar
1-2 TBS honey to taste
2-3 TBS nutritional yeast
A pinch each of asafoetida, black pepper, paprika
A pinch of black salt (optional)
1 tsp dried dill
1 tsp sea salt

Whisk all dressing ingredients together until thickened.
Add in the cranberries to soften and set the dressing aside.
Mix all other salad ingredients together in a separate bowl.

Add in the dressing just before serving - unless you want soggy salad!
(That's for you, Jagannath Kirtan my friend)!! ;-)

Serves 4 generous portions.

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying it over and over but I can't get mine as soggy as yours? what am I doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha JK, I just saw this now! Aw you see there is a special secret to it..when you become a soggy salad disciple the knowlede shall be passed on to you! ;-)

      Delete

ShareThis